When you export your points to a .csv file, they will be available in a specific point file format. Virtual Surveyor uses the PXYZD point file format. This article explains the specifics of this format.
- A point will be exported in the P, X, Y, Z, D point file format.
- Essentially, 5 pieces of information related to the point will be exported.
- This information is structured in 5 columns which contain the following headers:
- P - Point Number
- X - Easting coordinate of the point
- Y - Northing coordinate of the point
- Z - Elevation of the point
- D - Descriptor
- X, Y & Z are exported to 6 decimals
- Layer information is not exported when exporting to a .csv file
- This is because depending on your descriptor, your CAD package will import the point in the proper layer and associate it with the proper symbol.