When you are working in a larger corporation and you cannot get Virtual Surveyor to run, then you might need to ask your IT department to set permissions for the Virtual Surveyor desktop app to connect to our online licensing system.
This article provides some information that you can provide to your colleagues from IT.
- When our licensing service cannot pass through your network, you cannot work with the application.
- You will see a message as shown below
URLs to white list
The following URLs need to be whitelisted on the companies firewall or proxy server
- Make sure to include the * in the first URL.
- This configuration is required for all versions of the software including the trial version and free Valley version.
The proxy settings on your computer are automatically detected by the desktop app. Nonetheless, you can still manually configure the detailed settings through our proxy utility.
- Go to File
- Click Activate
- Click on Proxy in the lower left corner of the Activate panel
Http proxy settings
When you use http proxy then make sure to leave the Username and Password fields empty:
- when no credentials are required by the proxy, or
- when the proxy requires the Windows credentials of the user.
You can fill the Username and Password in all other cases.
Contact your IT support team when you are not sure about what settings to apply.