Photogrammetry is a memory and compute intensive process. You typically need a very powerful computer with a lot of memory to get your job done. Even with a good system, the processing time can take very long and tends to increase exponentially with the number of pictures you add to your photogrammetry project. Also cloud photogrammetry solutions have limitations on the number of pictures they can process.
So don't work hard but work smart!
Process your project in smaller chunks or blocks and merge these different blocks together to one large project in Virtual Surveyor.
Virtual Surveyor has the following tools available:
- Create clean seams between the different blocks with the clipping tool.
- Set the order of the different image and elevation terrains. This functionality allows you to control exactly what terrain has preference over the other when they overlap.
- Optionally export your mosaic to one combined GeoTIFF file. However, we recommend to create your survey, contours or TIN on the virtual mosaic and to export those data to a CAD compatible file format (.dxf, xml, ...).
- The only limitation is that you cannot create projects that are larger then 250 km (155 miles) in any direction.
- The Clip button appears in the contextual SELECTION tab when you have a terrain AND a boundary selected.
- Click Clip to clip the selected terrain to the selected boundary.
- You can change the order of a terrain with Move Up or Move Down.
- These buttons appears when you have selected at least an image or elevation terrain.
- Click Move Up or Move Down to change the order of the terrain compared to the other terrains.
- The Export Terrain button is available in the EXPORT tab
- Click Export Elevation to .tif or Export Image to .tif in order to export the virtual mosaic to a terain file.