You have processed your photos in Pix4Dmapper and want to know what files you need to create a Virtual Surveyor project.
What files to produce in Pix4Dmapper?
- When you produce your files in Pix4Dmapper, you only need to produce the output from the 3rd step, DSM, Orthomosaic... as shown in the illustration below.
- When the processing is done, you'll see the following dialog indicating that you have correctly produced your Raster DSM and Orthomosaic.
Where to retrieve the outputs?
- Open the results folder by clicking Process in the application menu, then click Open Results folder or click the button marked in yellow below
Go to the folder 3_dsm_ortho
Then go to folder 1_dsm and locate the file ending on _dsm.tif. This is the DSM and you'll need it in Virtual Surveyor (See next section).
Then go to folder 2_mosaic and locate the file ending on _transparant_mosaic_group1.tif. This is the orthomosaic and you'll need it in Virtual Surveyor (See next section).
Create a terrain in Virtual Surveyor
- Start Virtual Surveyor
- Go to File > New > Create Terrain
- Drag the files you just located in the result folder from Pix4Dmapper in the TerainCreator and specify a Virtual Surveyor project file.
- Click Create Terrain
This is how it looks
- The Virtual Surveyor project will open automatically when the terrain creation process completes.
- You are now ready to start your virtual survey.