10 Great New Things in Virtual Surveyor Version 6
Created by: Mark Paulson
Modified on: Wed, 11 Jul, 2018 at 6:34 PM
Watch the video :
#1 – Undo
- Undo was one of our most requested features from previous versions.
- You can now recover from your mistakes easily.
- Use CTRL+Z or CTRL+Y to Undo/Redo.
- You can also use the standard windows icons from the quick access toolbar.
#2 – Point Removal
- Area select is now on the home tool tab.
- select the area and just hit delete on the keyboard
- We added the eraser tool as well.
- selection of point for removal is much easier.
#3 – 3D Imports now supported
- The XYZ of all imported objects is maintained.
- Underground design data can now be imported.
- Turning on underground mode allows visualization.
- The imported blue lines below are below the terrain.
#4 – Descriptors
- All Virtual Surveyor 6 objects now support descriptors.
- Descriptors can now be alpha, numeric or both.
- Descriptions can now be easily changed.
- Points are now exported in CSV format as P, X, Y, Z, D.
#5 – 3D Editing
- Points, Lines, and Boundaries can now be edited in all direction.
- Imported entities do not automatically assume terrain elevations.
- Individual Vertices of Lines and Boundaries can be assigned elevations.
- All the vertices of a Line or Boundary may be assigned the same elevation at once.
- Points can also be assigned elevations as well.
#6 – Densify Tool
- Select Lines and or boundaries may be densified or vertices automatically added based on terrain.
- Very handy for generating a profile line.
- Great for creating cross-section for a TIN.
#7 – Move to terrain Tool
- Selected entities can be pushed or draped to the terrain.
- Checkpoints can be pushed to the terrain, exported and compared to the originals.
- Handy for checking UAV accuracy.
- 2D imported entities can be easily placed on the terrain.
#8 – Clean Terrain
- Clickless and work faster.
- Create polygon and modify terrain replaced with one tool.
- The terrain is updated automatically.
- Ideal for removing conveyors and equipment.
#9 – Merge Terrains
- The Virtual Surveyor 6 project area grows dynamically.
- You can now combine as many terrains as you want.
- Save computing resources.
- Process smaller areas and combine in Virtual Surveyor 6.
#10 – Performance
- In addition to stability, performance is significantly improved.
- In version 5 a large point file caused long processing and saving times.
- That same project is handled in less than a second.
- We hope you think our 10 months of effort has been worth the wait!
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.