The following system requirements are required for Virtual Surveyor:
- Operating System: Minimum Windows 7 Service Pack 1 with Platform Update, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 & Windows 10 (recommended)
- Operating System Architecture: 64 bit
- .NET 4.7.2 framework*
- Graphics card:
- Should support at least Open GL 3.3 + shader model 4.0.
- Issues have been reported with some versions of
- "Intel HD graphics" integrated graphics cards, and
- "AMD Radeon RX Vega" integrated graphics cards
Generally, you should obtain good performance even on laptops or Surface tablets**.
In addition, the table below list the core computer components and how they impact the operation of Virtual Surveyor.
Faster GPU provides Smoother viewport updates (Frames per second).
|Higher clock speeds and core counts generally improves performance of all operations.||4GB recommended.||Solid State Drive (SSD) storage is optimal.|
|Dedicated card preferred over integrated one, except in cases where the card is over ~10 years old.||A slower CPU can cause short freezes when performing operations, (I.E. Triangulation).||8GB and above recommended if running other software along with Virtual Surveyor.||SSD will also improve every other operation related to terrains including refresh rate when moving the camera, viewing of Cut / Fill Maps, Volumes, & Point Grids.|
* If it is not installed on your computer, Virtual Surveyor will install it for you during the installation process.
** Some issues have been reported with Surface 7 tablets. Generally, all other surface tablets have worked well.