Virtual Surveyor is designed with a broad user base in the surveying industry. You do not need a high-end computer and you should have good performance even on laptops or tablets. Nonetheless, there are some requirements that you need to take into account.
- Operating System: Windows
- Minimum Windows 8.1 or higher
- Window 10 or 11 is recommended
- Operating System Architecture: 64 bit
- .NET 4.7.2 framework
- will be installed if not available on your computer
- Graphics card
- supports Open GL 3.3 or higher
- supports shader model 4.0
Avoid computers that can only use one of the following graphics cards:
- Intel® Iris® Plus graphics
- Intel® Iris® Xe graphics
- Intel® Iris® Xe MAX graphics
These GPUs are optimized for energy consumption but lack features that accelerate performance. Virtual Surveyor does work on computers with these graphics but you will experience a reduced performance.
These cards are not an issue when your computer has 2 graphics cards. In this case, you need to make sure that Windows uses the best GPU for Virtual Surveyor. Windows often uses a graphics card that favors energy consumption over performance. Read here on how to control the GPU that is used by Virtual Surveyor.