The following system requirements are required for Virtual Surveyor:
- Operating System: Minimum Windows 7 Service Pack 1 with Platform Update, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 & Windows 10 (recommended)
- Operating System Architecture: 64 bit
- .NET 4.7.2 framework*
- Graphics card:
- Should support at least Open GL 3.3 + shader model 4.0.
- Issues have been reported with some versions of
- "Intel HD graphics" integrated graphics cards, and
- "AMD Radeon RX Vega" integrated graphics cards
In addition, the table below list the core computer components and how they impact the operation of Virtual Surveyor.
Faster GPU provides Smoother viewport updates (Frames per second).
|Higher clock speeds and core counts generally improves performance of all operations.||4GB recommended.||Solid State Drive (SSD) storage is optimal.|
|Dedicated card preferred over integrated one, except in cases where the card is over ~10 years old.||A slower CPU can cause short freezes when performing operations, (I.E. Triangulation).||8GB and above recommended if running other software along with Virtual Surveyor.||SSD will also improve every other operation related to terrains including refresh rate when moving the camera, viewing of Cut / Fill Maps, Volumes, & Point Grids.|
* Some issues have been reported with Surface 7 tablets. Generally, all other surface tablets have worked well.