When you are creating your Virtual Surveyor ID, we'll send you a verification code in order to validate your email address. Depending on your email configuration, this verification code might not arrive in your Inbox.
This article describes some tips & tricks related to such issues.
Tips & Tricks
Search in other folders
- The code might have landed in your spam or clutter folders. Have a look in those folders and look for an email with the following properties
- Sent by Microsoft on behalf of Virtual Surveyor
- With subject Virtual Surveyor account email verification code
- For Gmail in particular, the email will be in the Updates inbox tab (as shown below)
- The verification code is sent immediately but its delivery might be delayed due to the configuration of the email service in your company. So be patient before requesting a new code (next topic).
Resending the code
- You can try to send a new code by clicking the SEND NEW CODE button.
- But be aware:
- When sending a new code, your earlier code will become invalid.
- If the delivery of that first email is delayed then it might arrive anyhow earlier then your new attempt. In this case you will apply a code that is not valid.
- If that happens, you might want to wait for the new email to arrive and then you can try that code.
Blocked by company email policies
- If you still cannot find the code, then its delivery might be blocked by your companies firewall.
- Contact your administrator to verify if this is the case.