The Extract Level button allows you to create a polyline or a boundary at a selected elevation. The Extract Level tool is available in the Water group of the HOME tab.
Quick Usage Guide
- Enable the Extract Level button.
- Selected the elevation level by clicking a location on the terrain.
- The boundary or the polyline is created.
- The Extract Level tool can be used to clean noisy areas like water bodies. In general, the photogrammetry process delivers poor DSM quality over water. To get a surveying grade result, the noisy part of the rough DSM needs to be flattened.
- The Extract Level tool can be used to delineate the pond outline in a lightweight CAD model.
- The Extract Level tool can be used to calculate a basin retention capacity.
- The Extract Level tool can also be used for stockpile volume calculation to assess part of the stockpile above a specific elevation level.