The Extract Level button allows you to create a polyline or a boundary at a selected elevation. The Extract Level tool is available in the Water group of the HOME tab. This tool is usually used to flatten noisy areas like water bodies.
Quick Usage Guide
- Enable the Extract Level button.
- Selected the elevation level by clicking a location on the terrain.
- The boundary or the polyline is created.
- The Extract Level tool is usually used to clean noisy areas like water bodies. In general, the photogrammetry process delivers poor DSM quality over water. To get a surveying grade result, the noisy part of the raw DSM needs to be flattened.
- The Extract Level tool can be used to only delineate the water contour for your lightweight CAD model.
- The Extract Level tool can also be used to calculate a basin retention capacity.
- The Extract Level tool can also be used for stockpile volume calculation to assess part of the stockpile above a specific elevation level.