Virtual Surveyor helps you to compare elevations and manage your projects over time. When the project contains multiple terrain states, you can display several profile lines and/or switch the terrain state shown in the Profile View.
The profile lines are shown as a graph in the Profile View and simultaneously in the Viewport.
This article explains how to add, switch, or remove a terrain state in the Profile View. You also learn how to change the color associated with a profile line.
- Add a Terrain State to the Profile View
- Switch Between Terrain States
- Remove a Terrain State
- Change the Profile Line Color
- Tips and Tricks
Add a Terrain State to the Profile View
The Profile View can show multiple lines of a profile at different dates on the same graph.
- Click the "+ Add Terrain State" button in the lower-left corner of the Profile View.
- Select a terrain state in the list to place another profile line on the current Profile View.
- The current terrain state appears slightly thicker than the other terrain states shown in the Profile View.
The enabled terrain states are listed in alphabetical order in the lower part of the Profile View and a color is assigned to each of the terrain states.
Switch Between Terrain States
Use the Terrain State dropdown menu available in the Project View to select the terrain state you want to display as the current one.
In the Terrain State dropdown, you can switch the terrain state you are viewing in the Viewport and it simultaneously changes in the Profile View. The current terrain state is always displayed.
Remove a Terrain State
You can remove a terrain state from the Profile View.
- In the Profile View, click on the X button in a terrain state box to make it disappear.
Change the Profile Line Color
You can change the color of the profile line that is associated with a terrain state.
- In the Profile View, click on the dropdown menu in the terrain state box and select the color of your choice.
The color of the profile item in the Viewport can be changed in the SELECTION TOOLS tab for Profile.
Tips and Tricks
- Use the Peak version to create new terrain states and track progress over time.