The Split tool is found in the TOOLS tab when a drawn line or boundary is selected. The Split tool is used to split line and boundary items at selected points to either separate a line or modify a boundary.
Quick Usage Guide
- In the Viewport, select the line or boundary you wish to separate.
- Use the Split tool to split the boundary or line at the desired intersecting points.
- Delete the line segment you no longer need.
- Create the modified line geometry you wish to add.
- Continue to step 5 if you are creating a boundary.
- Select both lines and go to the TOOLS tab.
- Merge the lines into a single boundary using the To Boundary tool.
Using the Split Tool
- The Split tool is available when either a Boundary or Line item is selected.
- Select a part of the line you want to split, in this case we are removing the circular portion of the boundary.
- Use the Split tool click on two points on the line; for this example, we've selected two points at the neck of the circular boundary.
- The line between the two selected points is split from the main boundary.
- Right-click to deselect the Split tool.
- Left-click on the line you no longer need and press Delete.
- The line that is left from the original boundary is now a polyline.
Tips and Tricks
- See our To Boundary tool article to learn how to connect multiple drawn lines into a single Boundary.
- You can also see the entire process of using both the Split and To Boundary tools in a workflow for Updating a Boundary