After creating a survey with your drone data, you can export your survey points to CAD in a PXYZD format as a .csv file. When exporting your points from Virtual Surveyor as a .csv file, your coordinates are automatically organized in the PXYZD point file format and include Layer information from the Project View.
How to Export Points as a CSV File
Make sure that the points you want to export are checked in the Project View and visible in the Viewport.
To export your selected points as a .csv file:
- Click on the Export tab.
- In the Survey section, select .csv from the dropdown menu under Format.
- Click Export Survey.
- Name your file and press Enter or click Save.
Your file is exported, and you can now open it in another program.
Exported CSV File Format
Your exported .csv file from Virtual Surveyor includes the following information:
- Column Headers
- Coordinates + Point Number, Descriptor, and Layer
- Your points are exported in the P, X, Y, Z, D column format.
- The information is structured into six columns that contain the following headers:
- P - Point Number
- X - Easting/Westing coordinate of the point
- Y - Northing/Southing coordinate of the point
- Z - Elevation of the point
- D - Descriptor for points
- Layer - Point layer (optional)
Tips & Tricks
- Using the Descriptor column format is useful when you give CAD styled names to the Descriptors. If you properly label the Descriptors, they will automatically load into CAD with the appropriate symbols, layers, and labels.
- If you need to deliver points to a customer, but only have breaklines in a Virtual Surveyor project, you can easily extract all the points from the lines and export them as points.