If you are having trouble running Virtual Surveyor on your device, it is likely that the security of your company is blocking the connection to our online licensing and/or authentication system. You will need to ask your IT department to set permissions for the Virtual Surveyor desktop app to connect to our online systems.
- When you can authenticate yourself (sign in) but the connection to the licensing system fails, you get a message as shown below:
- When you can't sign in, the connection to the authentication system fails and you will see a message as shown below:
In order to solve these issues, you need to whitelist the following URLs in your company's firewall or proxy server:
The proxy settings on your computer are automatically detected by the desktop app. Nonetheless, you can still manually configure the detailed settings through our proxy utility.
- Go to File>Settings>Proxy.
Http Proxy Settings
Virtual Surveyor uses the system settings by default. If you use an http proxy, be sure to fill in all fields. Please note however, you'll need to leave the Username and Password fields empty when:
- no credentials are required by the proxy, or
- the proxy requires the Windows credentials of the user.