You have imported an existing surface and want to create a new surface within the exact extents of the imported surface. Or you have mistakenly drawn a polyline while you wanted a boundary. In these cases, the Extract Boundary function will be useful.
- Select your boundary or polyline.
- Go to the DRAWING TOOLS tab.
- Click Extract Boundary in the Create group.
- Your boundary will be created.
Note: The boundary will be a newly created item and the original item will remain unchanged.
How does it work?
The extract boundary function works in the following way:
- Self-intersecting boundaries will not be created and you will get a warning.
- Extract Boundary only works on a single item. You can combine multiple polylines to a single polyline by using the Merge Polylines function which is available in the Drawing Tools tab.