Volumes need to be recalculated after you make a modification to an elevation terrain. The Recalculate Volume tool allows you to update multiple volume items in one click. You find the Recalculate Volume button in the TOOLS tab where it only appears when a recalculation is required.
Quick usage guide
- Select all volume items that need a recalculation within the viewport or through the project view.
- Go to the TOOLS tab.
- Click Recalculate Volume in the Volumes group.
- The volume values are updated and available in the volume box.
Hints : It's possible to select multiple items by holding Ctrl on your keyboard and clicking on the items one by one. You can also select a range by holding Shift on the keyboard.
- After stockpile volume calculations, you figure out that the terrain requires some more cleaning (machines removal, conveyors removal...). You can use the Replace Terrain tool to cleanup your elevation terrain but your volume items values won't be automatically updated. A "Recalculation required" notification will keep you posted through the volume box. In that case you can use the Recalculate Volume tool to update the stockpile volumes after the terrain update.
- You can also use the Recalculate Volume tool to update Cut/fill maps calculations after the reference has been changed to another terrain state or design surface.
Tips and tricks
- The Recalculate Volume icon is not displayed by default within the TOOLS tab. This specific icon will appear only if you have selected at least one volume item that requires a calculation update.
- The Recalculate Volume tool can be used on volume items coming from surface and also from cut/fill map at the same time.
- It's also possible to launch Recalculate Volume directly from the volume box for a specific volume item. If the elevation terrain has been modified at the volume item location, a "Recalculation required" notification will appear in this box along with a recycle icon. By clicking on this icon you can launch the process.