A fly-through is a virtual flight over your terrains while passing through a number of positions that you have set up. Fly-throughs are used to guide your customers through the project in a controlled way. They can also be used to generate videos that you can use to present and promote your work.
Quick Usage Guide
- Go to the VIEW tab.
- Define the waypoints of your flight with the Create tool.
- Set the start position and flight settings.
- Click on Fly Through to start your fly.
- Navigate to the position in the Viewport using your mouse.
- In the NAVIGATION tab, click Create.
- A position is created in the Project View.
- Double-click the position in the Project View to bring you back to the set position in the Viewport.
- Before starting the fly-through, select a start position in the Project View.
- Left-click on the the position to select it.
- The descriptor of the start position determines the other positions that are used in the fly-through.
Start the Fly-Through
- Click Fly Through to start the flight.
- The flight pattern starts on the start position.
- Then it goes to a position with the same descriptor and with the next available incremental number in a continuous movement.
- In the example below the pattern:
- Starts in Position #1,
- Then goes to Position #2, and
- Then to Position #4.
- The position Way point #1 will be ignored because it carries a different descriptor.
- You can control the speed of your flight.
- The minimum speed is 10 km/h or 10 mph.
- If you update the speed during the flight, the change takes effect immediately.
- When you enable loop, your flight returns to the start position when the last position is reached and the pattern is repeated until you stop it.
- This is a useful functionality during a tradeshow.
Stopping the Fly-Through
- Left-click anywhere on the Viewport in order to stop the fly-through.
Usage Fly-Throughs to Create a video
- If you want to record a video from your fly through then I recommend that you use a screen recording software while your flight is playing.
- A good and affordable solution is Camtasia.
- As a note, All our tutorial videos are made with Camtasia.