Valley Ridge Peak
Quick usage guide
- Click on the Area Select button.
- Within the viewport outline the items you want selected by left-mouse clicking.
- Right click to end your Area Select.
- Items within the selection area will now be selected and can be modified or deleted en masse.
How it works
- Features within the green Area Select box are shown as selected after ending Area Select by right clicking on the mouse button. Selected items show as having green "halos" in the View Port, and will also show as selected in orange in the Project View.
- More complex areas can be selected by left clicking on the mouse button around your desired area as many times as needed.
- The Area Select tools can also be used from oblique views, to capture vertically placed items, or even hard to see items.
- The Area Select boundary cannot intersect itself, and will show the boundary as Orange instead of Green if intersecting while not allowing you to end the selection (right-mouse click).
Most common uses
- Selecting areas of points from the Point Grid tool output to remove unneeded points.
- Selecting features of a common type to have a new Descriptor, Next Number, or Layer applied.
Tips and Tricks
- The items selected will also show as selected in the Project View table. They will be highlighted in orange.
- Hold the Ctrl button down if digitizing around points that you don't want to snap to.
- Press Backspace to remove the last point created during the area select drawing.
- A simple area select by rectangle can also be done by holding Shift and Left-mouse click and drag over and area.
- Sometimes it is easier to create general polygons, and replace points or features included in selection than to very accurately digitize around everything.