Volumes need to be recalculated after you make a modification to the Elevation Terrain. The Recalculate Volume tool allows you to simultaneously update multiple Stockpile and/or Cut/Fill items in one click. You can find the Recalculate Volume button in the TOOLS tab for a Stockpile or Cut/Fill item, when a recalculation is required.
TOOLS Tab for Cut/Fill
TOOLS Tab for Stockpile
Quick Usage Guide
- Select all Stockpile and/or Cut/Fill items that need to be recalculated.
- Go to the TOOLS tab.
- Click Recalculate Volume in the Volumes group.
- The volume values are updated and available in the volume box.
Where to Use the Recalculate Volume Tool
- After stockpile volume calculations, you figure out that the terrain requires some more cleaning (machines removal, conveyors removal, etc.).
- You can use the Replace Terrain tool to cleanup your Elevation Terrain, but your volume items values do not automatically update.
- Any values that have not updated are displayed in red within the volume box.
- Simply use the Recalculate Volume tool to update the Stockpile volumes after the terrain update.
- You can also use the Recalculate Volume tool to update Cut/fill maps calculations after the reference has been changed to another terrain state or design surface
Tips and Tricks
- The Recalculate Volume icon is not displayed by default within the TOOLS tab.
- This specific icon will only appear if you have selected at least one volume item that requires a calculation update.
- The Recalculate Volume tool can be used on Stockpile items and Cut/Fill items at the same time.
- It is also possible to Recalculate Volume directly from the Volume box for a specific Stockpile or Cut/Fill item.
- If the Elevation Terrain has been modified at the volume item location, a recycle icon will appear in this box.
- By clicking on this icon you can launch the process.