The Remove Triangles tool is a surface item editing tool. It helps you removing unwanted or unneeded triangles.
The Remove Triangles tool only works on the selected surface and appears in the TOOLS for Surface tab.
Quick Usage Guide
- Select a surface item.
- Go to the TOOLS tab.
- Click Remove Triangles to enable the tool.
- Click on the edges of triangles to delete them.
- Right-click anywhere in the Viewport to disable the Remove Triangles tool.
When to Use the Remove Triangles Tool
- Remove triangles over areas where they don't accurately model the Elevation Terrain.
- For example, you don't need elevation information and contour lines over bodies of water.
- When your survey items has a concave shape around the edges, the triangulated area leads to unwanted extrapolation on the edges.
- Large triangles that link to survey items over large distances are unnecessary as they do not accurately model the Elevation Terrain.
- They need to be removed manually with the Remove Triangles tool to provide a survey-grade surface model.
Tip and Tricks
- You can remove multiple triangles simultaneously by holding the Shift key and dragging a box across the area you want to remove triangles from.
- The Remove Triangles tool only works on one surface item at a time.
- If several surface items are selected, the button does not show up in the TOOLS for Surface tab.
- You can use the Clip Inside and Clip Outside tools to remove large areas from your created surface and help save time.