Virtual Surveyor includes a high productivity tool that allows you to speed up breaklines selection. Combined with Polyline, Boundary or Quick Surface tools, it helps you semi-automatically draw those typical topographic lines. It's very helpful in mining to model high walls and haul roads limits. Stockpile reference surfaces can also be easily selected for quantity calculations thanks to that feature.
The Guided Breakline Tool is available in the Drawing group of the HOME tab.
- Enable a drawing tool (Polyline, Boudary or Quick Surface) in the HOME tab.
- Enable the Guided Breakline Tool by clicking the magic button in the HOME tab.
- Click the starting point of the line.
- Click a second point on the line to give indication about the direction to follow.
- Next vertices are automatically put along the topography.
- Right click to complete the drawing.
- Disable the Guided Breakline Tool by clicking the magic button in the HOME tab.
- The Guided Breakline Tool can be used to draw typical line that you wan to get on all your mine surveys like : haul road edges, bank edges, high walls.
- The Guided Breakline Tool can be used to follow bottom line of stockpile. This boundary can then be triangulated and used as reference in volume calculation.
Tips & tricks
- If the drawing stops you can relaunch the Guided Breakline Tool by clicking next vertex on the line.
- When the drawing stops, you can remove last vertices by pressing Backspace on your keyboard.
- When the drawing stops, you can manually add next vertices by holding Ctrl on your keyboard and clicking the points.
- To easily identify slope changes where you want to draw breaklines, enable the Slope Steepness Terrain Lens.
- Keyboard shortcut : the Guided Breakline Tool can be enabled/disabled by pressing Alt+B.
- Tutorial : Guided Breakline Drawing (based on an previous version of Virtual Surveyor)