Virtual Surveyor includes the Offset Z tool that allows you to adjust the elevation of your entire elevation terrain in one click.
- Select the elevation terrain.
- Go to the SELECTION TOOLS tab.
- Set the offset value in the Offset Z box.
- Press Enter.
- The elevation terrain is moved up or down according the offset value.
Before launching the offset process you need to enter the Offset value. A positive value moves the terrain up and a negative value moves it down.
- The Offset Z tool can be used to make an entire drone survey fit to a local elevation datum. In the same way, you can use that tool to move from ellipsoidal height to geoidal height if you know the local geoid height.
Tips and tricks
- If you have some check points available, you can easily determine the offset value by using the Check Points tool.