The Project View helps you structure your project in layers and controls the visibility of your Project Items in the Viewport. Layers and Project Items are sorted alphabetically, and their names can be changed.
- Structure Your Project
- Visibility of Project Items
- Collapse Layers
- Selecting Project Items
- Pin Project Items
- Empty Layers
- Tips and Tricks
Structure Your Project
A right-click in the Project View provides you with access to various contextual menus that help you maintain and build the project structure. The type of menu you see depends on where you click.
|Right-click in the Project View area||Add Layer||Creates a new layer. Type in a name and press Enter or click anywhere to complete.|
|Delete Empty Layers||Removes all layers that do not contain project items. This feature is useful when importing large CAD files containing many (empty) layers.|
|Right-click on a Layer||Set Layer Active||Selects a layer. New project items are created in the active layer.|
|Rename Layer||Changes the name of the layer. Press Enter or click anywhere to finish.|
|Move Selection to Layer||Moves selected items from another layer to the selected layer.|
|Paste||Paste a copied project item to the layer. You can also use the shortcut Ctrl+Z for this operation.|
|Delete Layer||Removes the layer. It also deletes the project items contained in the layer.|
|Right-click on a Project Item||Rename||Changes the name of the project item. Press Enter or click anywhere to complete.|
|Move Selection to Layer||Transfers project items to the layer selected in the drop-down menu. You can also use drag-and-drop to move selected items to another layer.|
|Turn Selection On||Changes the project item to On and makes it visible in the Viewport.|
|Cut||Cuts the project item to the clipboard. You can also use the shortcut Ctrl+X on a selection.|
|Copy||Copies the project item to the clipboard. You can also use the shortcut Ctrl+C as an alternative method.|
|Delete||Removes the project item. Use Ctrl+Z to undo if you accidentally delete a project item.|
Visibility of Project Items
You can control the visibility of a Project Item through its check box.
- When ticking or unticking a layer, all items in the layer are turned on or off.
- When you untick a layer, project items are not visible in the Viewport.
- Invisible items are not included when you export the survey to a CAD file, generate a PDF stockpile report, or perform other operations.
|Show/Hide||Controls the visibility of project items in the Viewport. You can control the visibility of all project items in a layer through the checkbox of the layer.|
|Turn All Off/On||Hide or show all project items (Only appears when no project items are selected)|
|Turn Selection Off/On||Hide or show the selected project items (Only appears when project items are selected)|
You can collapse layers to get a better overview of your layer structure while you can expand layers to get access to the individual project items.
|Expand/Collapse Layer||Click to expand or collapse the contents of the layer.|
|Collapse All||Collapses all expanded layers in a single click.|
Selecting Project Items
Use the Project View to select the project items you need by selecting one item at a time, multiple specific items, or all the items in a layer.
- Click on an item in a layer to select it.
- Selecting a layer selects all items in that particular layer.
- You can also hold Ctrl to select multiple items or hold Shift to select a range.
- When you have multiple project items selected, you can rename them all at once, provide them with a sequential number through the Structure group in the Home tab, or Pin them so they are visible throughout the Terrain States.
Pin Project Items
Pin project items in the Project View so that they remain visible across all Terrain States.
- Pin project items by selecting them individually.
- Select all project items in a layer and pin them all together.
Empty layers are hidden by default.
- Use Show Empty to display all available layers in your project.
- You can use Hide Empty to automatically hide the layers again that don't contain any project items.
- You can also delete all empty layers using right-click menu options in the empty Project View area.