Different projects may require the exact same layers structure and material library. It can also be a user preference to work always in the same environment. Virtual Surveyor allows you to save that layers structure and the materials as a template and use it again when creating new projects.
Create a template
First you need to create or open a project that contains the layer structure and/or the materials you would like to save.
- Go to the backstage view.
- Click Save As Template.
- Give a name to your template.
- Click Confirm to save it.
Use a template
When you are creating a new project choose the appropriate template in the dropdown menu. Click on Create Project to create a new Virtual Surveyor project that contains the template layers structure and/or materials.
If you want to start your project from scratch without any predefined layer or material, use the <Blank> empty template. It is not possible to rename or delete the <Blank> template in the settings.
Tips and tricks
- Your templates are stored with your Virtual Surveyor ID and they will be available on any device you work.
- It is not possible to use a template for an existing project.