Different projects may require the same layer structure and material library. It can also be a user preference to always work with the same project setup. Virtual Surveyor allows you to save a layer's structure and materials as a template and reuse it when creating new projects.
Create a Template
First, you need to create or open a project that contains the layer structure and/or the materials you would like to save.
- Go to File (the backstage view).
- Click Save As Template.
- Give a name to your template.
- Click Confirm to save it.
Use a Template
Choose the appropriate template in the dropdown menu when you are creating a new project. Click Create Project to create a new Virtual Surveyor project that contains the template layer's structure and/or materials.
If you want to start your project from scratch without any predefined layer or material, use the <Blank> empty template. It is not possible to rename or delete the <Blank> template in the settings.
Tips and tricks
- Your templates are stored with your Virtual Surveyor ID and they will be available to you regardless of the device you work from.
- It is not possible to apply a template to an existing project. You can only use a template when you create the project.