Virtual Surveyor includes a tool that uses a TIN surface to change the elevation terrain. This tool is helpful for cleaning a noisy part of your drone data like a water surface. You can also use Modify Terrain to incorporate existing 3D data into your drone survey.
Modify Terrain is available in the TOOLS for Surface tab when at least one surface item is selected.
Quick Usage Guide
- Select a surface item.
- Go to the TOOLS tab and click on Modify Terrain.
- A Terrain Modifier is created and the elevation terrain is adjusted to the surface.
Examples of When to Use the Modify Terrain Feature
- You can use Modify Terrain to flat noisy water surface.
- Using Modify Terrain allows you to model a complex surface (e.g. a surface with breaklines) underneath the large unwanted objects in your drone survey.
- Use Modify Terrain to add a design surface from CAD plan to your project.
Tips and Tricks
- It is possible to go back to the original elevation after modifying the terrain.
- When you click Modify Terrain, Virtual Surveyor creates a terrain modifier item.
- If you disable that item in the Project View, the elevation terrain goes back to its initial state.
- Terrain modifiers are highlighted in the Viewport when selected in the Project View.
- Modify Terrain can be done with multiple surfaces at once:
- Select all the surfaces and click Modify Terrain.
- One Terrain Modifier is created for each surface.
- You can also use Replace Terrain and Remove Object to flatten out a small area of your drone survey.