A Profile gives you a vertical section of your elevation model along a line. This article teaches you how to convert a polyline into a profile on your drone data. The To Profile tool is available in the Create group of the TOOLS for Polyline tab.
Quick Usage Guide
- Select a polyline.
- Go to the TOOLS tab.
- In the Create group, click on To Profile.
- The Profile View automatically opens and displays the elevation profile.
Where to Use the To Profile Tool
- Convert a road center line into a longitudinal road profile.
- Use polylines from a 2D CAD plan to place a profile in your project.
- You can easily import a CAD plan by dragging and dropping it in the Project View.