Contour lines can be an especially important deliverable when you need to create a two-dimensional map of your drone survey. Your current active items (what you see) sets what will export (what you get). Therefore, you can export contour lines only when you have set your surface to be displayed as contours.
- Display the surface as contours.
- Turn all survey items but your surface off in the project view.
- Go to the EXPORT tab.
- In the Survey group, select the expected export format (.dxf, .xml or .shp).
- Click on Export Survey.
- Specify a filename and a disk location and then click Save.
Tips and tricks
- Only created contours can be exported. It's not possible to export contours displayed using the Contours Terrain lens.
- It is Important to know that all project items that are active will be exported. If you only want to export the contours, you'll need to turn off all other survey items (points, lines, boundaries). You can leave your terrains on as they will not influence the export of the survey
- To quickly display only the surface, Click Turn All Off and re-enable the check box for your surfaces.
- The exported files (.dxf, .xml or .shp) will contain 3D polyline geometries.
Notes for shapefile
- Multiple files are created when you have exported your contours to a shapefile.
- The file with the contours will be appended with "contourlines". Example:
- When the filename was set to "survey" or "survey.shp",
- then your contour lines can be found as "survey_contourlines.shp"
- The attribute table contains a column with the elevation attribute for each contour line.