Clip Inside is a surface item modification tool. You might be interested in removing a specific area from a surface. Virtual Surveyor allows you to do this by clipping triangles within a selected boundary. It creates a hole in the surface item where no contour is generated.
- Select the surface AND the boundary (hold Ctrl on your keyboard when clicking the items).
- Go to the SELECTION TOOLS tab.
- Click on Clip Inside button.
- The triangles inside the boundary are removed from the surface. The triangles crossed by the boundary are cut out to fit for the boundary.
- Use Clip Inside to create holes in the surface item and avoid drawing contours within building or water bodies.
Tips and Tricks
- The elevation of the clipped surface is exactly the same as the elevation of the original surface. The elevations of the boundary vertices are not incorporated in the surface item.
- After clipping, the internal part of the original surface is deleted once for all.
- It is possible to clip multiple boundaries inside a surface at the same time by selecting all the boundaries and the surface.