Virtual Surveyor includes the Export Image tool that allows you to deliver your drone data analysis as a georeferenced image or export clipped image. Save the contents of a boundary as a GeoTIFF or a JPEG2000 file.
The Export Image tool is available in the EXPORT tab.
- Draw a boundary around the export area.
- Enable/disable project items to get the expected view in the viewport.
- Select the boundary.
- Go to the EXPORT tab.
- Set the image format in the box.
- Click on Export Image.
- Specify a filename and a disk location and then click Save.
- Export your analysis result as an image to use it in a CAD or GIS software.
- You can also use the Export Image feature to clip a specific area within a very large orthophoto. Use that when you want to easily share only that specific area with another user. You can also use the clipped image to create a new Virtual Surveyor project that will run faster.
Tips & tricks
- You can combine the image export with an elevation terrain export of the same area to generate a 3D textured dataset.
- Virtual Surveyor GeoTIFF can be easily open by GIS sofware. If you plan to use the image in a CAD software, prefer Jpeg2000 setting.