Virtual Surveyor includes the Export Image tool which allows you to deliver your drone data analysis as a georeferenced image or export clipped image. Save the contents of a boundary as a GeoTIFF or a JPEG2000 file.
The Export Image tool is available in the EXPORT tab.
Quick Usage Guide
- Draw a boundary around the area you want to export.
- Enable/disable project items to get the view you want to export in the Viewport.
- Select the boundary.
- Go to the EXPORT tab.
- Set the image format in the box.
- Click on Export Image.
- Specify a filename and a disk location, and click Save.
Why Exporting an Image is Useful
- Export your analysis result as an image and use it in a CAD or GIS software.
- You can also use the Export Image feature to cut out a specific area from a very large orthophoto or from a mosaic. The clipped image can be shared with partners or used to create a new Virtual Surveyor project that will run faster.
Tips & Tricks
- You can combine Export Image with Export Elevation on the same area to generate a new, lighter dataset.
- Virtual Surveyor GeoTIFF files can easily be opened by GIS software. If you plan to use the image in a CAD software, prefer Jpeg2000.