After cleaning up your drone data with Virtual Surveyor, the Export Elevation tool allows you to deliver a part of the elevation terrain as a new DEM.
The Export Elevation tool is available in the EXPORT tab.
- Draw a boundary around the area you want to export.
- Select the boundary.
- Go to the EXPORT tab.
- Click on Export Elevation.
- Specify a filename and a disk location and then click Save.
- Export an elevation terrain which has been cleaned up using workflows like Remove Object, Replace Terrain, Modify Terrain or remove vegetation. The resulting DEM can be used in a GIS software.
- You can also use the Export Elevation feature to cut out a specific area from a very large DEM. The clipped elevation terrain can be shared with colleagues and customers or used to create a new Virtual Surveyor project which will run faster.
Tips & tricks
- You can combine Export Elevation with Export Image on the same area to generate a new, lighter dataset.
- The exported DEM is a GeoTIFF.