Do you have a Dropbox account? If yes, you can now connect Virtual Surveyor to your Dropbox and start experiencing extended projects access and collaboration features.
This article will teach you how to connect your Virtual Surveyor account to your Dropbox account. This is a onetime process. Then you will be good to go. No matter the (trusted) device you are using, you will have access to all your projects.
- In the Backstage View, go to the New or Open tab.
- Select Add Dropbox.
- If the Dropbox desktop app is already installed on your device and you are logged in, you can go directly to step 7.
- If not, click on Download button. You'll be redirected to the Dropbox website.
- Download the Dropbox desktop app installer and run it.
- Sign into the Dropbox application with your credentials.
- Go back to Virtual Surveyor and in the Backstage View, click on the Check button to validate the installation.
- When the validation is successful, you will see the message below: You are ready to connect Virtual Surveyor to your Dropbox.
- Click on the Connect button next to the Dropbox logo.
- You are automatically redirected through your web browser to Dropbox.com. Sign into your Dropbox account to link with Virtual Surveyor.
- If you have a personal and a team account, select the one you want to connect to Virtual Surveyor.
- The connection is established and you are automatically redirected to the Virtual Surveyor website.
- Go back to Virtual Surveyor, you can view the connection in the Backstage View.
Tips and Tricks
- If you have personal and team Dropbox accounts, you can connect Virtual Surveyor to both accounts.
- After connecting the first one—following the process describe above—go to the Connection tab of the backstage menu and click on Connect and follow the process again for the other account type.
- To disconnect Virtual Surveyor from your Dropbox account, go to the Connection tab of the Backstage View and click on the Disconnect button next to your Dropbox account.
- Please note that the recent projects list will be emptied if you disconnect your Dropbox.