In the Backstage View, you find the commands that allow you to do things to your Virtual Surveyor project while the Main View contains the set of tools for working on a Virtual Surveyor project.
The Backstage View automatically shows when you start up the application. You can also launch the Backstage View when you are in the Main View by clicking on FILE or by using the Alt+F keyboard shortcut.
Use the search bar to quickly find files and folders.
- Select the location you would like to search from and type the file or folder name of your project.
- What you type is highlighted in the file/folder name.
- You can also use the scroll bar to navigate through a folder and find a file at the bottom of the list; the scroll bar only appears when your list is longer than your screen can show.
You can favorite a folder by clicking on the star.
- This ensures that the folder you favorited is the first to appear the next time you open Virtual Surveyor.
- You can change your favorite folder at any time by ticking the star in a new folder location
- Your favorite folder syncs with the cloud so you will see your favorite folder when you log into Virtual Surveyor from any location.
Getting Back to the Main View
You can go back to the Main View by pressing the arrow in the upper left corner or the Esc key.
Backstage Command Descriptions
Here are the following command descriptions along with links to relevant articles in the Backstage View:
|New||Click New to create a new project. You can save that project on Dropbox or locally.||Ctrl+N|
|Open||Click Open to start with an existing project. The Recent Projects pane lists your most recent project files. Click on an item to open that project. You can also browse to a Dropbox or a local folder.||Ctrl+O|
|Save||Click Save if you want to save your project to the current .vspx file; you are automatically returned to the Main View.||Ctrl+S|
|Save As||Click Save As if you want to save your project to a new .vspx file.||Ctrl+S|
|Save As Template||Click Save As Template if you want to save the layer structure and the material library as a Project Template to use again for another project.||-|
|Close||Click Close to end work and close your project.||-|
|Activate||Click Activate if you want to login to the application (with your Virtual Surveyor ID) or get information about your plan, license status, and version. The application automatically shows this panel when there is an issue with your license.||-|
|Settings||Click Settings if you want to manage your Project Templates, change the application language, add your Company Logo or adjust graphics and Proxy settings.||-|
|Exit||Click Exit to close Virtual Surveyor.||-|