Virtual Surveyor's cloud licensing is floating. This means you can share the license with colleagues throughout your company. The number of users that can work at the same time is determined by the number of licenses that you have purchased with your subscription.
John Doe has purchased a Peak subscription with 2 licenses. The 3 users Jake, Jesse and Jane Doe are assigned to the subscription and will be able to run Virtual Surveyor desktop on the Peak features. Only 2 of them will be able to work at the same time. John and Joe Doe are not assigned to the subscription but will be able to work on the free Valley version.
In the example below, Jake Doe is connected as the 1st user and is currently working (shows ACTIVE). Jane Doe or Jesse Doe can connect as the 2nd user (whoever comes first). As soon as Jake closes the application, the license becomes available again for another user.
We verify if a user belongs to a company through the email address of the user. The email domain should match the company domain that is linked to the subscription. In the example above that company domain is "virtual-surveyor.com".
- We can add additional company domains if you operate as a group of companies.
- We can configure a company domain if it isn't set automatically.
- We can update a company domain if your company decides to change its name.
Reach out here if any of these cases applies to you. Make sure to specify your company's email domain.
Note that the domain should be linked to your company. Generic domains are not eligible (e.g. gmail.com, outlook.com, yahoo.com, qq.com, ...)
Read more on how to Invite another user to your company account. You can add as many colleagues as you want.
No company domain
You will only be able to add 1 user per license if your subscription is not linked to a company domain. This actually means that the license is not floating.
Tips & Tricks
- You only need to consider how many users in your company need the software at the same time when you are considering the license quantity.
- Your team changes in size? You can increase the number of users immediately or decrease the number of users at the end of the current subscription term. Read more here on how to change your subscription.