Clip Outside is a surface item modification tool. You might be interested in cutting a specific area from surface. Virtual Surveyor allows you to remove TIN segments that are outside of a selected boundary.
- Select the surface AND the boundary (hold Ctrl on your keyboard when clicking the items).
- Go to the SELECTION TOOLS tab.
- Click on Clip Outside button.
- The triangles outside the boundary are removed from the surface. The triangles crossed by the boundary are cut out to fit for the boundary.
- Use Clip Outside to create a smaller surface which matches better your area of interest.
Tips and Tricks
- The elevation of the clipped surface is exactly the same as the elevation of the original surface. The elevations of the boundary vertices are not incorporated in the surface item.
- After clipping, the external part of the original surface is deleted once for all.
- It is possible to clip multiple boundaries outside a surface at the same time by selecting all the boundaries and the surface.