You have created a profile and want to export the information to another program. Virtual Surveyor includes the Export Profile tool that allows you to export your profile information to a .csv or .dxf format. Export Profile is available in the Profile group of the EXPORT tab and only works when at least one profile is selected in the Project View.
Exporting Profiles as a .CSV File
- Tick the profile lines you want to export in the Project View.
- Go to the EXPORT tab.
- In the Profile group, select .csv in the Format dropdown menu.
- Click Export Profiles.
- Create a name and location for the profile lines, for example "Road Profiles".
- Click Save.
- Once completed, there are individual files created for each profile you selected.
- You can open the file with the profile information in Notepad, Excel, etc.
You can take this a step further:
- Open the .csv file in Excel.
- Select the data column.
- Click on Insert>Line Chart.
- Adjust the graph to display the information so it resembles a profile line.
Exporting Profiles as a .DXF File
This process is the same as exporting .csv files, except you select .dxf in the Format group dropdown.
- After saving the profile lines as .dxf files, you can see each profile saved as an individual file in your saved file location.
- You can open the file in your preferred CAD software.
Tips and Tricks
- You can copy profile information to the clipboard and paste it into another software application. Use the clipboard icon at the top right of the Selection Box.
- You can also copy your profile to the clipboard or save it as a Image.