Clip Outside is a surface item modification tool. You might be interested in cutting a specific area from surface. Virtual Surveyor allows you to remove TIN segments that are outside of a selected boundary.
Quick Usage Guide
- Select the surface and the boundary (hold Ctrl on your keyboard when clicking the items).
- Go to the SELECTION TOOLS tab.
- Click Clip Outside.
- The triangles outside the boundary are removed from the surface.
- The triangles crossed by the boundary are cut out to fit inside the boundary.
Where to Use the Clip Outside Tool
- Use Clip Outside to create a smaller surface that focuses on your area of interest.
Tips and Tricks
- The elevation of the clipped surface is exactly the same as the elevation of the original surface.
- The elevations of the boundary vertices are not incorporated in the surface item.
- After clipping, the external part of the original surface is deleted.
- It is possible to clip outside of multiple boundaries within a surface at the same time by selecting the surface along with all the boundaries.