A profile gives you a vertical section of your elevation model along a line. This article teaches you how to draw a profile on your drone data.
The Profile tool is available in the Drawing group of the ANALYSIS tab.
Quick Usage Guide
- Go to the ANALYSIS tab,
- Enable the Profile tool in the Drawing group.
- Left-click in the Viewport to add profile vertices.
- Right-click to complete the profile.
- The Profile View automatically opens and displays the elevation profile.
When to Use the Draw Profile Feature
- Monitor the progress of your construction site by comparing a drone survey to the design. You can then copy the profile view and paste it to illustrate your construction site progress report.
- Check the elevation profile on your drone data. For example, the profiles can be use to analyze haul road sections or banking slopes.
- Verify the base surface under a stockpile.