With the Material Editor, you can create a material catalogue/library for Stockpile items. The material types can be set to have a density and value per unit, which automatically converts the volume of the pile to weight (tonnage) and gives you its monetary value.
TOOLS for Stockpile
- Material Editor Settings
- Material Settings Panel
- Tips and Tricks
- Related Video
Material Editor Settings
The Material Editor Settings is where you edit your stockpile materials and their associated information. The Settings panel allows you to add or delete materials in your catalogue, identify materials by color, name, and material type, and set properties for density and type of currency for each stockpile.
- Select the Material Editor button to display the Settings to the right of the Viewport.
Material Settings Panel
Add, Remove, and Edit Materials
You can add, remove, and edit types of materials at any time.
- Select the Material Editor button.
- Go to the Material Settings panel.
- Click Add Material to create a new type of material; or alternatively:
- Click the Wrench icon to edit a material.
- Click the Trashcan icon to remove/delete a material.
- Fill in the desired information fields for that material:
- Click Add (or Update) to create the new material.
View Stockpile Information
You can view stockpile information when you select a stockpile with an assigned material in the Selection Box.
- Select a created stockpile.
- Go to the Selection Box.
The Selection Box includes all the information you entered in the Material Settings panel for the selected stockpile and allows you to see all the information at a quick glance.
Any undefined material can be given a category and colored to your specification. The undefined material for this example project can be found at the northwest corner of the project's site.
Using the Show Fill Feature
Use the Show Fill function to quickly identify where materials are on the project site.
- Tick the box to enable Show Fill - Leave Show Fill enabled to help you easily identify groups of stockpiles and where they are on the project site.
- Untick the box to disable Show Fill - Keeping Show Fill disabled makes it easier to see the actual image of the pile and can help you identify the type of material at a glance.
Tips and Tricks
- You can save your Materials as a Template to be used in other projects. Read more about saving to Project Templates.
- If you are trying to obtain cut/fill information over a site, make sure you are using the Cut/Fill Tools, instead of the Material Editor and Stockpile tools.
- Disable fill to be able to identify the material in a report.
- Because Virtual Surveyor works as a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) concept, whatever your terrain looks like in the Viewport will export with the same visuals.