Your stockpiles are not just piles of stuff, but consist of different valuable materials! The Material Editor allows you to manage your stockpiles beyond just labels and descriptors. With the Material Editor you can now assign your Stock Pile items to material types. Material types can also be set to have a density and value per unit. This allows you to easily quantify your stockpiles true monetary value without performing a calculation outside of Virtual Surveyor. Export your data to a PDF report as well!
Material Editor can be found in the View tab, or as a quick button in the Status Bar. You want to setup your materials before defining your piles. The Template for the materials can also be saved to be used in future projects.
Quick Usage Guide
- Enable The Material Editor.
- Set the Undefined Material Color.
- Set the Currency Symbol.
- Enter a material by adding the Name, Density, Value, and color.
- Repeat step 4 to create a catalog of all of your material types.
The Material Editor is the central menu within Virtual Surveyor to manage your stockpile material types, and associated information. It is a key component of creating intelligent material types that can calculate tonnage, pile value, and be exported to automatic PDF reports.
- Enable the Material Editor from the View menu or the Status Bar. It will display to the right of of your Viewport.
Tips and Tricks
- You can save your Materials as a Template to be used in other projects. Read more about saving to Templates here.
- If you are trying to obtain cut / fill information over a site, make sure you are using the Cut / Fill Tools, instead of the material editor and stockpile tools.