The Clip tool allows you to cut an Elevation Terrain, Image Terrain, or a Water item to the size of the selected Boundary item.
The Clip tool appears in the TOOLS for Elevation Terrain tab if both an Elevation Terrain and a boundary are selected.
Clip also appears in the TOOLS for Image Terrain tab if both an Image terrain and a boundary are selected.
Clip also appears in the TOOLS for Water tab if both a Water item and a boundary are selected.
Quick Usage Guide
- Select the item to clip, along with the boundary, by clicking on them both while holding Ctrl.
- Go to the SELECTION TOOLS tab
- Click Clip.
- The portion of the item that is outside of the boundary is removed.
Where to Use the Clip Tool
- Use the Clip button to merge photogrammetry results and create mosaics.
- Define the area that will be adjusted with your geoidal or local height.
- Remove unwanted areas of the Water item.